Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Health Retreat

I've just come back from a health retreat in Norway, and wanted to tell all of you about it. The web site is www.yourhealthretreat.co.uk. The venue was incredible - the clinic was sited in an absolutely amazing location. By looking one way we looked down the length of a wonderful lake and by then turning 180 degrees we looked down the length of a fiord. By turning 45 degrees and walking up the mountain track we came to the edge of Norway's 3rd largest glacier. It was like seeing history in motion. You could see that as the ice melted, the rocks that it contained would be deposited in the valley, and some of those rocks were enormous! In addition there were perhaps half a dozen waterfalls that we saw in the locality, each of which must have been over a few hundred metres high. An absolutely wonderful venue.

Whilst we were there we ate only raw food - and that too was really a bit special. It was all prepared by Peter Pure who runs The Raw Food Party www.rawfoodparty.com We had fruit smoothies, breakfast cereals, lasagne, chocolate biscuits, cheesecake (oh the cheesecake!) etc. etc. - and all made from raw food, and in some cases wild food. Each morning we went out and collected the ingredients for the smoothies - blueberries, red currants, stickleberries (I'd never seen them before, but they are like small purple gooseberries), plums and even a few raspberries - all from the wild! Peter's philosophy is that everything should be both nutritious and tasty - and it is!

We also had posture straightening with the Egoscue method. I didn't realise that I wasn't straight until they showed me, but now I have my exercises and soon that will be a thing of the past.

There was kinesiology, massage and Energy healing. As we know we are holistic beings, and this was certainly a holistic health retreat. Awesome!

In addition to all that there was something that happened that I found particularly interesting.I
As you all know, we supply free radical test kits and the measuring chart for the kits are marked 0-5 with 5 being the highest level of ree radical activity. Again as you probably know, we need a certain amount of free radical activity, because the body uses it as part of the imminue system. However too much and we increase the risk of disease and increase our ageing rate. 18 months ago I took the test and scored a 5, showing that I had far too much activity going on. Whilst on the retreat, both Peter Pure and I tested ourselves.

Peter's depth of nutrition is amazing and his diet is incredibly healthy, and has been for most of his life. However he scored around 4-5.

I am still learning about nutrition but since taking my previous test 18 months ago I have used my sauna a couple of times a week. When taking the test last week I was hovering around 0-1, which is just about perfect. As you can imagine I was pretty chuffed. We still need to find out why Peter's was so high, but he lives in London and the best guess at the moment is that it is down to heavy metals. We'll let you know if we get any information. In the meantime I am just enjoying the pleasure of having one of the benefits of the sauna confirmed in such as personal way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home